- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 – 8 ounce packages of mushrooms (any type) sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons San-j Teriyaki Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until they start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms start to brown, about 8 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons of the San-J Teriyaki Sauce and the rice vinegar and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add the parsley and stir to combine.
- Put the mixture into a food processor with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon San-J Teriyaki Sauce. Process until the mixture is fully combined and fairly smooth.
- Serve with gluten free crackers and/or fresh vegetables.
Created by: Carol Kicinski